The COACH ENGAGES THE LEADER WITH A PROCESS
THAT IS INTENDED TO IMPROVE THE LEADERS
OUTLOOK ON WORK AND LIFE.
Personal development and growth can be best illustrated on two axis. When you learn through training and skill development that is horizontal growth. Vertical development is transformation which occurs when you gain self-awareness and consciously grow. At Terra Firma Leadership we focus on helping individuals develop vertically to improve how they show up as a person and a leader.
Executive coaching involves a professional coach partnering one on one with high-level leaders for the purpose of maximizing their personal effectiveness and professional potential. Coaching is distinct from consulting where a consultant is retained to give the client answers to problems. Leaders generally know what they need to do but often fall short on maximizing their potential. In Executive Coaching the assumption is that the leader is capable of generating their own solutions, with the coach supplying supportive, discovery based approaches and frameworks. The coach engages the leader with a process that is intended to improve the leaders outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking the leader's potential.
Executive coaching can be used for a variety of reasons including:
1. Preparing for roles with greater responsibility and supporting leaders in new role transitions
2. Identifying derailing behaviors that often inhibit performance and results
3. Personal growth thru the acquisition of skills and/or development of expanded capacity
4. Building a skill set that the leader lacks which is perceived as important for success
5. Improving their presence as a high level leader.
Our process includes a client assessment, creation of a development plan with identified goals and then support with the coach holding the leader accountable as they progress.
The Terra Firma Leadership coaches uphold the Code of Ethics of the International Coach Federation.